In the heart of Spain’s Costa del Sol, Marbella and Benahavís stand out as prime locations for luxury home buyers. Marbella, renowned for its glamour and prestige, leads as the most expensive municipality in the region, with property values averaging 4,138 € per square meter as of April 2023. This city, the second most expensive in Spain for cities with over 50,000 inhabitants, offers an upscale lifestyle, with exclusive amenities and breathtaking Mediterranean views.
Not far behind is the charming village of Benahavís, known for its exquisite culinary scene and picturesque settings. Here, the property market is booming, with prices reaching 3,981 € per square meter. This area is perfect for those seeking a blend of tranquility and luxury, nestled in the mountains yet close to the coast.
Both Marbella and Benahavís cater to high-end buyers with their luxurious villas, modern apartments, and exclusive gated communities. These areas are not just about the homes themselves but the lifestyle they offer – from world-class golf courses to upscale shopping and dining experiences, and access to some of the best beaches in Spain.
As the real estate market in Costa del Sol continues to thrive, investing in properties in Marbella and Benahavís represents not just a home purchase, but an entry into a world of luxury, comfort, and unparalleled beauty. Whether you’re looking for a permanent residence or a holiday home, these locations promise to deliver an exceptional living experience.
For those in pursuit of the epitome of Mediterranean luxury, Marbella and Benahavís await, offering a blend of modern amenities, natural beauty, and an exclusive lifestyle that is hard to match.
What are the most expensive Costa del Sol municipalities
The five most expensive municipalities in the Costa del Sol region of Spain, based on property prices per square meter, are as follows:
- Marbella: The most expensive, with an average valuation price of 3,343 € per square meter. It ranks as the second most expensive city in Spain with more than 50,000 inhabitants. In April 2023, values in Marbella increased to 4,138 € per square meter, indicating a significant rise in property prices.
- Benahavís: Prices rose to 3,981 € per square meter in April 2023, marking a 7.5% increase from the previous quarter.
- Estepona: Had the second most expensive property in the Costa del Sol in early 2023, with prices averaging 3,192 € per square meter. In April 2023, property values continued to rise, reaching 2,993 € per square meter.
- Sotogrande: Experienced a 7.8% increase in housing prices, reaching 2,723 € per square meter in April 2023.
- Manilva: Prices skyrocketed by 18.8% to 2,149 € per square meter in April 2023.
These figures reflect a dynamic real estate market in the Costa del Sol, with Marbella leading as the most expensive municipality.