Stunning complex of properties for Sale in Monemvasia Laconia Greece
Esales Property ID: es5553452
Akras Minoas 25 ,
With its glorious natural scenery, warm climate, welcoming culture and low cost of living, Greece is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the most desirable places across the world to live or visit. On offer here is a chance to make a smart financial investment into this magnificent part of the world.
A primely located 885m2 complex with a spectacular view comprising of 3 consecutive houses and a large commercial area. The property is situated right at the beach in the beautiful tourist town of Monemvasia (A Castle Beyond Time). It is located 20 meters from the sea and 50 meters from the nearest swimming beach (Glyfada Beach).
* The Castle of Monemvasia is at direct view and is located at 1.2km.
* The shopping centre is just 450 meters away.
* The Harbor of Monemvasia is at 1.8km.
* Kalamata International Airport is a 2 Hour drive.
* Athens International Airport is a 4 Hour drive.
Monemvasia is an all-year-round tourist destination, boasting thousands of tourists per annum with a large number of cruise ships, yachts, as well as coach and charter (from Kalamata airport) turnover. This activity peaks during the months of April until October. During high season, international visitors use it as a base, while exploring the rest of Laconia and Mani with an abundance of tourist destinations such as Elafonissos Island, the Caves of Diros, Kastania Caves, Gythio, Sparta, Mystras etc. Monemvasia is also a lively winter destination with a plethora of Greek visitors favouring it as a romantic getaway. It is a space that comprises of expressive culture, upper-quality local produce, gastronomic perplexity, as well as a profusion of picturesque landscape.
* Ideal for renting the houses separately to large families / school teachers
* Ideal for commercial use (Airbnb)
* With adjustments, the property can be renovated to a 20-25 room Boutique Hotel including a Breakfast area and Swimming pool.
* The property can further be divided into 4 individual houses that can be sold separately.
The whole space, comprising of 3 consecutive houses and an indoor commercial area encompasses of 600m2 of built property with a further 285m2 of forepart landscape right in front of the sea.
* Large space of 145m2
* Ground floor
* 3 Bedrooms
* 2 Bathrooms
* Kitchen area
* Open space living room
* Large outdoor area with gates
* Fully furnished
* Space of 120m2
* First floor
* 3 Bedrooms
* 3 Bathrooms
* Kitchen with an open space dining area
* Living room
* Narrow veranda with a view of the sea
* Large space of 140m2
* Second floor
* 4 Bedrooms
* 2 Bathrooms
* Kitchen area
* Open space dining room
* Living room with stone-built fireplace
* Spacious veranda with a spectacular coastal view of the Castro
* An extra-large indoor space comprising of 195m2
* Located on the first floor
* Offering the largest outdoor forepart space for potential renovation (poolside, outdoor bar/ coffee and/or restaurant/ playground)
* An ideal space for commercial use (gum-playground-Hostel- Spa) as well as for potential renovation that can accommodate up to 4 separate studios.
Greece currently offers two (2) active investment grants for 2022-2023, being:
1. Energy Upgrade 2022 from 50-85%
* Replacement of frames
* Installing/upgrading thermal insulation and more.
2. Development Law 4887/2022
Strengthening Tourism Investments
Subsidized Expenses up to 70%
Almost all costs related to the construction/modernization/expansion of a facility.
ABOUT THE AREA
Monemvasia is a town and municipality in Laconia, Greece. The town is located on a small island off the east coast of the Peloponnese, surrounded by the Myrtoan Sea. The island is connected to the mainland by a short causeway 200 metres in length.
Monemvasia is a uniquely preserved medieval town that is carved into the majestic grey rock like a sculpture. By land, there is only one way in, via a causeway, as the origin of its name (one entrance) implies. The 'Gibraltar of the East' or a 'stone ship' about to set sail, as the famous Greek poet Yannis Ritsos described his birthplace, beckons you for a journey through time, wandering through vaulted alleyways and past churches and aristocratic mansions.
Take a swim in its crystal-clear waters and sample its delicious cuisine and legendary wine. Following in the footsteps of knights, pirates, crusaders and emperors, who all fell under the spell of this mythical place in the Peloponnese, time will stand still and you'll become one with history.
What to do in Monemvasia
The medieval castle
As soon as you walk through the gate, you'll begin to uncover the secrets of Monemvasia. First have a coffee in the Agora, on the main cobblestone street in the Lower Town. This was the Byzantines' Central Avenue, the Venetians' Market and the Ottomans' Bazaar, the commercial artery and cultural hub for so many civilisations. Today, you'll see cafes, tavernas, shops and artisans' workshops. Duck in and out of arched alleyways until you reach the sea wall, where you'll pass quaint homes and crumbling churches. Looking up, you'll see the grand mansions of the Upper Town, where the nobility lived.
At twilight, the stones turn lavender (hence its nickname, the Violet City) and the streets fill with mysterious shapes, sounds and shadows. By now, you're no longer a visitor but a resident, as were the Byzantines, Ottomans, Venetians before you. In the evening, you'll have your choice of elegant restaurants, traditional tavernas, charming cafes and chic wine bars.
A culinary journey
Try the local homemade pasta called goges (like gnocchi, but flour-based) or saitia (fried cheese pies with fresh herbs). Oenophiles should sample the regional sweet wine called Malvasia, the authentic flavour of Monemvasia, dubbed the 'nectar of the nobles'.
A fairy tale stay
Monemvasia is an ideal romantic hideaway and honeymoon destination. Boutique bed & breakfasts and luxury hotels with suites boasting Turkish baths, mosaic floors and flowering courtyards will transport you to another time, without stinting on modern comforts. In the dimly lit rooms, with their vaulted ceilings and handmade wooden furniture, you'll live your own fairy tale.
The Upper Town
The Upper Town was home to the Venetian aristocracy and, although it's a steep climb to reach the beautiful mansions (in the 17th-century, travellers once counted 500), you'll be rewarded with panoramic views of the whole area. The half-Byzantine, half-Venetian church of Agia Sofia clings to the side of the cliff and is one of the most significant attractions in Monemvasia. Once inside, you'll be awe-struck by its magnificent octagonal dome.
* 10 Bedrooms and more if redeveloped
* 7 Bathrooms across all 3 houses
* 600m2 of living space across all 4 properties
* Stunning views
* Massive potential in the commercial rental market
* Close to essential amenities like such as supermarkets and pharmacies
* Close to many excellent bars and restaurants
* Great base from which to discover other fantastic areas of Greece
* On the Seashore (across, at 20m)
* Swimming Beach at 50m
* Shopping Centre at 450m
* Breathtaking View